We are now in the information age and people can search for almost anything in the internet.
There are lots of data being shared on the web and some of it are personal information of people with or without their knowledge/consent. That is why we always need to check the sites where we put our informations.
Aside from being conscious about sharing our information we should also be aware of the law about data privacy.
It’s a good thing that on April 16, 2015, Data Privacy is one of the topics that will be discussed in the Disini Tech Legal Forums on Bitcoins, Data Privacy, Cyber crime & E-Business.
I would like to learn from Mr. JJ Disini because he is one of the leading information and technology law experts in the Philippines today and he will discuss the basics of R.A. 10173 in the context of the Philippine law and jurisprudence on privacy as well as international perspectives that contributed to its formulation.
This topic is very relevant for me because as a blogger, Virtual Assistant , and an online e-learning coordinator, there are times that I am the one handling people’s private information. I want to learn and be aware of the existing laws … to make sure that I will not violate it and at the same time i would like to know my rights.
The other topics that will be discussed in the event are the following:
PHILIPPINE CYBERCRIME LANDSCAPE by: PSI ROBERT REYES – Cybercrime Investigator, Anti-Cybercrime Group, Philippine National Police.
– Mr Reyes will talk about the recent developments in cybercrimes committed in the Philippines.
PROSECUTING CYBERCRIMES IN COURT by: Ms. CYNTHIA LUANG– City Prosecutor, Las Piñas City, National Prosecution Service, Department of Justice.
– Ms. Luang will go through the steps of litigating actual cybercrime cases from assessing electronic evidence and the countless challenges of presenting them in court.
TECH LEGAL UPDATES 2015 by: JJ DISINI –
– Mr. Disini will attempts to provide more information and guidance in navigating through these fast changing times.
THE CHALLENGES IN INTEGRATING AN ONLINE GLOBAL PAYMENT SYSTEM by: RALPH SANTOS– Founder, Chairman, President & CEO of VMoney, Inc.
– Mr Santos will discuss the difficulties and the rule local ingenuity has played in addressing them.
BITCOIN 101 by: MIGUEL CUNETA– founding Member of Bitcoin Organization of the Philippines ; Co-Founder & Chief Community Officer of Satoshi Citadel Industries and JAY RICKY VILLARANTE– Founding Member of Bitcoin Organization of the Philippines; Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer of Loud Panda Interactive, Inc.
– Mr. Cuneta and Mr. Villarante will talk about the Bitcoin protocol and it’s other use.
REGULATING BITCOINS by: JJ DISINI- Managing Partner of Disini & Disini Law Office Assistant Professor at the UP College of Law.
– Mr. Disini will answer the question: How government intervention can help regulate Bitcoin.
If you are interested to attend this event, you can email the organizer, Disini & Disini Law Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+63 2) 454-5442, (+63 2) 426-0486, (+63 939) 915-7690.
You can also book your tickets here http://www.disini.ph/