I love Facebook and I know I am not the only one because as per statistics, Facebook is the most popular among other social media sites.I’m a Friendster and Multiply user before because this is where I kept my pictures and get in touch with my friends… until Facebook came into the picture.A community member introduced me to Facebook and encouraged me to have an account because she said that there are lots of things you can do on this site plus the community members are also migrating in Facebook .To make the long story short, I made my Facebook account and since then, there are no turning back.
9 Reasons Why I Love Facebook
- Communication – Most of my friends are here, so if they are not answering my text or email, I just leave a message on Facebook and more often than not, I get my reply
- Builds Connection – I can easily see what my friends are posting online (depends on the user setting) and make new friends to other users
- Easy sharing – I can easily share photos (I love pictures that’s is why I always bring my camera with me and my friends normally rely on my uploads to see the pictures ) and tag friends photo
- Hashtag -Facebook also works like a social book marker. I can put hastag (#) on my post and when I click the hastag, messages who belong to the same hashtag will appear
- Time and Location – I can put the date, time and location where that photos are taken
- Privacy – I can set the privacy settings and arrange who can see my post and other information I have on my Facebook account
- Category – I can categorize my friends list. I have a category for family, relatives, former office mates, former classmates and VA among others.This is for easy sharing and of course you can also check these lists if you forgot who the person is 🙂
- Group – I can create groups and also set the group privacy to control who see the group and the group post
- Facebook Page – We use this in our community where we put the information needed by the members like activity announcement and off course Birthday celebrants
In the 6th Webinar session of The Virtual Staff Entrepreneur Program, the topic was Facebook Group and account Management.Genesis Reonico of OnlineJobsUniversity.com discussed and showed how the audience how to create a Facebook Page and Facebook Group.Genesis Tips for a Community Manager
- Know the “voice” of the company wants to use
- Make sure you have the access to visuals from your clients
- Know the industry that your client is in
- Recognize and feature your members
- Answers Questions and comments Quickly
- Respond Calmly to negative comments and posts
Ms. Janette Toral of DigitalFilipino.com also discussed some of the features and settings on Facebook Groups that Genesis did not tackle and also gave tips to Social Media managers.
- Interact , talk to people and be sociable
- Keep practicing, Keep Experimenting
- Think about your user, put stuff that will be relevant to them
The next Webinar will be on Saturday, January 11, 2014 at 9Am.
Topic: Facebook and Google Advertising Account Management.
To register >> https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/704215206
Want to win a “Blogging from Home” book by Ms. Janette Toral and “The Spa Wellness gift card worth Php 2,500.00? Then join our first ever Blog Writing Contest and Give Away Combo.
For details >> http://bit.ly/BlogCon