Last January 8, 2014, the topic in the 5th Virtual Staff Entrepreneur Program Webinar is about Micro Blogging Account Management.According to Wikipedia Micro blogging is a broadcast medium that exists in the form of blogging. A microblog differs from a traditional blog in that its content is typically smaller in both actual and aggregated file size.
5 Reasons why I use twitter
- Easy to use – tweeting is like sending SMS/text message on your mobile phone
- A venue to share your thoughts or anything you wanted to share
- Keeping up with the latest news – By following news channels you will always be aware of what is happening around the globe, you can also use hastag (#) to check what is the trending topic or news
- Easy sharing – you can easily share a fascinating tweet you just read by Re Tweeting it to your followers
- Builds connection – you can keep up with friends by following each other so that both of you can read each latest Tweets. You can also build new connection to anyone you found interesting by following and by sending message to them even if they won’t follow back
As per Genesis Reonico of OnlinejobsUniversity.com the Most Popular Micro Blogging Sites are:
Here are the tips he shared in using these Micro Blogging Sites:
- Be the first to share and report the latest news and updates
- Promote others
- Infuse personality into your profile
- Check the facts before you tweet or Re Tweet
- Shorten he URL’s that you share
- Get into the habit of micro blogging regularly
The next speaker, Mr. Ron Cirujano the country manager of Elance.com brought the audience to Elance platform and shows the available in demand jobs.
Social Media Management Job Requirement:
- Fan engagement
- Ads promotion
- Content Generation
You can see these jobs under the category of Sales and Marketing and Admin Support. Free account only have one Category and if you want to add a category, you can opt to pay a minimal fee. The average hourly rate for virtual staff working under this category is $17/hr.Jobs like these are normally on an hourly rate because the work itself does not require you to be there for 8 hours. To get hired, be sure to complete your Elance profile, take skills test and put job samples.
The last speaker was Ms. Janette Toral of DigitalFilipino.com and she discussed tips on how to become a social media savvy.
- If you are working on a client, make sure to ask for their hashtag (#) so that you can include it in your promotion
- In handling your client social media account, always make sure to actively involved in the conversation and post or Re-tweet topics that are relevant to the niche
- Make sure to handle your personal and your client’s twitter account in the same application for you to eliminate fortuitous event where you accidentally tweet personal matters on your client account
- Choose/schedule the time of the day to post (the time where many people are active). If you are not available or too busy at that time, you can schedule your tweet before hand by using Hootsuite.com and Bufferapp.com
Do you want to win “Blogging from Home” book by Ms. Janette Toral and “The Spa Wellness” gift card worth Php 2,500? Then join our first ever Blog Writing Contest. For the Mechanics >>http://bit.ly/BlogCon
The next webinar will be on January 11, 2014 ay 9Am. Topic:Facebook and Google Advertising account Management. To Register and view the previous webinar recordings>>http://certified.digitalfilipino.com/course/virtual-staff-entrepreneur-program/